What is TRICARE?
TRICARE is the Department of Defense’s (DoD) health benefit program for the military community. It consists of TRICARE Prime (an HMO style plan), TRICARE Extra (a PPO style plan) and TRICARE Standard (an indemnity plan). The TRICARE Supplement Plans help pay copayments, cost shares and applicable Excess Charges under TRICARE.
What are the benefits and features of TRICARE Supplement?
- Requires no referrals
- Covers cost shares
- Acceptance is guaranteed
- Covers co-pays (including prescriptions)
- Is available worldwide
Who is Eligible for the TRICARE Supplement Plan?
Retired uniformed services members who are eligible for TRICARE, not eligible for Medicare and under age 65, including:
- Military retirees who are entitled to retiree, retainer or equivalent pay.
- Retired Reservists between the ages of 60 and 65 and entitled to retiree pay.
- Retired Reservists enrolled in TRICARE Retired Reserves (gray area retirees).
- Spouses and surviving spouses of retired uniformed services members.