What is TRICARE?
TRICARE is the Department of Defense’s (DoD) health benefit program for active duty and retired military personnel as well as their families. It consists of TRICARE Prime (an HMO style plan), TRICARE Extra (a PPO style plan), and TRICARE Reserve Select (a PPO style plan). The TRICARE Supplement assists with payments for co-pays, prescriptions, and cost shares from a TRICARE plan.
What are the benefits and features of the TRICARE Supplement?
- Requires no referrals
- Covers cost shares
- Acceptance is guaranteed
- Covers co-pays (including prescriptions)
- Is available worldwide
Who is eligible for the TRICARE Supplement Plan?
Retired uniformed services members who are eligible for TRICARE, not eligible for Medicare and under age 65, including:
- Military retirees who are entitled to retiree, retainer or equivalent pay.
- Retired Reservists between the ages of 60 and 65 and entitled to retiree pay.
- Retired Reservists enrolled in TRICARE Retired Reserves (gray area retirees).
- Spouses and surviving spouses of retired uniformed services members.
Click the button below to learn more about how the TRICARE Supplement Plan can help you.