What is CHAMPVA?
CHAMPVA is a Department of Veterans Affairs program. It is a comprehensive health care program in which the VA shares the cost of covered health care services and supplies with eligible beneficiaries.
What are the benefits and features of CHAMPVA Supplement?
- Designed for military families eligible for CHAMPVA
- Provides reimbursement for most health care services
- Designed to help provide the protection you need when you need it
Who is Eligible for the CHAMPVA Supplement Plan?
- Eligible Spouse: “Spouse” means your spouse who is under age 65 and a CHAMPVA benefits recipient, but not a spouse from whom you are legally separated or divorced. “Spouse” also means widow(er) if he or she is a member of the Participating Organization.
- Spouses over age 65 are also eligible if documentation from the Social Security Administration certifying their non-entitlement to Medicare Part A benefits is submitted with their enrollment form.
- Eligible dependent and unmarried children under age 18 (23 if a full-time college student) may also enroll.