What is CHAMPVA?
CHAMPVA is a Department of Veterans Affairs program. It is a comprehensive health care program in which the VA shares the cost of covered health care services and supplies with eligible beneficiaries.
What are the benefits and features of the CHAMPVA Supplement?
- Designed for military families eligible for CHAMPVA
- Provides reimbursement for most health care services
- Designed to help provide the protection you need when you need it
Who is Eligible for the CHAMPVA Supplement Plan?
- Eligible Spouse: “Spouse” means your spouse who is under age 65 and a CHAMPVA benefits recipient, but not a spouse from whom you are legally separated or divorced. “Spouse” also means widow(er) if he or she is a member of the Participating Organization.
- Spouses over age 65 are also eligible if documentation from the Social Security Administration certifying their non-entitlement to Medicare Part A benefits is submitted with their enrollment form.
- Eligible dependent and unmarried children under age 18 (23 if a full-time college student) may also enroll.
Click the button below to learn more about how the CHAMPVA Supplement Plan can help you.