When the Government Employees Association (GEA) was founded in 1965, its mission was to serve active and retired or former federal, state and local government employees including members of the military and National Guard.
Today, GEA has expanded its mission and opened membership to include the eligible family members of active and former government employees.
Who Can Join?
- Active, retired and honorably discharged officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military
- Active, former or retired employees of the federal government, a state government or municipal government
- Eligible dependents of the active, former or retired U.S. military members or government employee.
Benefits of Membership
Today, GEA membership is open to active, former and retired government employees, including U.S. military service members, and the eligible family members of all. When you join, you receive financial resources, special savings and dedicated service.
Service to those that served our nation, as well as its states and communities, is the mission of the Government Employees Association. It is with that service in mind that drives GEA to offer its members the highest quality products and services.
What do I get out of my membership?
Your government, your service, your association
For 50 years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to serving those that serve our country and communities to ensure your service is always honored and promises made are kept.
As an active or former government employee, the various benefits provided by GEA are available through membership in the Association. GEA membership provides greater access to quality services and benefits such as updates on government issues and military healthcare, service discounts and insurance benefits such as TRICARE Supplement and CHAMPVA Supplement.
GEA offers its thousands of members:
- Professional development and educational opportunities
- Information of what is happening in government
- Membership in an organization that supports you and your family
- Knowledge that you are giving something back to the dedicated men and women who serve our communities